Professional dental cleanings at Crestway Park Dental in Athens are different from, but just as important as, your daily routine of flossing and brushing. As part of every regular check-up at our office, our registered hygienist will:
• Remove plaque and calculus from the teeth
• Polish your teeth to remove any remaining surface stains or plaque
• Perform an oral cancer screening
• Take diagnostic X-rays (once each year)
• Provide patient-specific oral hygiene instructions
These cleanings are essential to help you avoid periodontal (gum) disease as well as tooth decay. You should visit the dentist at least once every six months for a cleaning in order to stay in optimal oral health. Between visits, don’t forget to floss and brush every day to keep your teeth in working order. If it’s been a while since your last visit to the dentist, please call our office today to schedule a routine check-up and begin improving your oral health and smile!